Latent Defects Insurance is a form of insurance that is taken out on new build commercial and residential premises and covers the cost of any damages or defects after the building work has been completed. It covers damages caused by but not limited to faults in the design, workmanship, materials, supervision, construction and installation.
These defects can be extremely expensive to rectify and the Latent Defects Insurance offers protection to homeowners.
Policies usually last between 10-12 years providing adequate cover for potential issues to arise and be resolved effectively.
Latent defects Insurance is often perceived as a necessary evil – while procuring a building warranty for your development isn’t mandatory, all lenders will require one. In addition, you may have problems selling a house that is less than ten years old if it doesn’t have a warranty.
To learn about the various influences that could potentially drive up the price of your Building Warranty, click here
The Key benefits of Latent Defect Insurance
There are many key benefits to obtaining Latent Defects insurance, here are just some of the key features;
- The primary advantage of is for the end user IE there is no need to establish who’s at fault or worry about expensive litigation costs in the event of a latent defect.
- In addition, it also enhances the saleability of the property- a vast majority of mortgage lenders and banks require a structural warranty or latent defect insurance to be in place before a mortgage can be provided.
At BuildSafe, we can provide cover for the following types of projects:
- Commercial & Residential buildings
- Refurbishments, Extensions, Renovations, Barn Conversions
- New Builds
- Grade 1, 2 Listed Buildings
- Social Housing
- Retrospective & Completed
Latent Defects Insurance Providers
At BuildSafe, we see our role as an independent advisor, who reviews the merits of each policy to help you make well informed comparisons. We also save you time in procuring quotes, analysing and comparing quotes, and negotiating the commercials.In addition we manage the warranty process throughout the build, handle the all-important inspections and key issuing of final certificates.
BuildSafe’s experts have over 40 years’ experience in the property sector so you can be assured that we’ll handle your building warranty with good care. As a company we are the largest specialist broker of Building Warranties or Latent Defects Insurance. All our warranties are recognised by the Council of Mortgage Lenders and are accepted by all High-street banks.
Contact Buildsafe today for specialist advice and guidance completely tailored to your build project.